Rena L. Holmes, Esq. is the managing Attorney of Holmes Legal Group, LLC.
Prior to Practicing law, Rena worked as a mortgage loan representative in both the retail and wholesale lending environment, for years until becoming a mortgage broker. During her tenure in the lending industry she acquired an extensive understanding of mortgage lending and compliance.
Before starting Holmes Legal Group, LLC Ms. Holmes interned with the Federal Public Defender’s Office and as a research assistant to Dr. Frederick Humphries of Florida A&M University College of Law. Rena has worked as a tax examiner for the Internal Revenue Service. She has interned and supervised at community based federally funded VITA tax Clinics assisting local families with income tax preparation.
Ms. Holmes began her career as a contract associate with Waymon Sims & Associates, P.C. in Atlanta where she successfully worked on many legal issues, including criminal and civil matters. Ms. Holmes also obtained extensive Real Estate experience with Robert A. Burroughs, P.C.
Ms. Holmes has a BBA in Finance from Mercer University; Juris Doctorate from Florida A&M University College of Law; and a Masters of Law from the University of Georgia with a concentration in Tax and Real Estate.
Attorney Holmes is a member of the Atlanta Bar Association, New York Bar Association, the American Bar Association, and participates in the Georgia Real Property Law Pro Bono Program.
- New York State Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Board of Directors for Affordable Housing and Community Development Corporation
- The Life Church Christian Center
- State Bar Admission: Georgia, New York
- J.D., cum laude, Florida A&M University College of Law
- L.L.M., University of Georgia
- B.B.A., Mercer University, Atlanta
- Georgia Notary
- Top Attorneys of North America – Recognizing Legal Excellence